||Spirituality: Purrfectly Speaking
by Anita Charlot
So, how did it go last month? Were you true to yourself? How did you spend your Valentine's Day? Let's continue with the topic of dating shall we? I would like to ask for your assistance. As you know, I am working on a book about dating. My topics, theories, and suggestions all stem from my personal experience, the women that I have coached, friends as well as acquaintances. I would like to ask you for your opinion as to what topics YOU would like to see addressed in this book. To refresh your memory, the book is about the different phases of relating to another person, from friendship to marriage and how to do that without losing sight of yourself.
What are your thoughts on dating; exclusively vs. non-exclusively? How long do you think two people should get to know each other before they decide to date each other? How long should they date prior to making a commitment? Who pays for what? What have been some of your expectations? Were they realistic? In looking back over your relationships of the past, what would be some of the mistakes that you made that you would want others to consider? How do you feel about dating someone with children? When would you say was a good time to introduce the "physical" into a dating situation? Are you asking for medical information up front?
I find the whole "dating ritual" to be very interesting. The more I write, date and discuss chapters with my focus group; additional topics continue to pop up. My concern is that YOU the reader have those topics discussed that are of interest to you. If you would like to become part of the focus group, just send me an email to email@example.com with "focus group" in the subject heading. I promise that I will personally respond to each and every email letting you know how I plan to incorporate your thoughts into the book. I will not use your name in any publication, book or marketing materials, without your permission. If you do not mind being listed as a participant in the focus group, please state that in your email as well.
I will be accepting additional topics until the middle of April. At that time, I will need to put the finishing touches on the book to prepare to go to the printer. Don't be shy as any topic that might come up in a dating situation is worth reading about in some fashion. I look forward to hearing from you…Until next month!
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|LETTER Thank you, Pope Francis 2020-10-22|
- I never thought I would live to see the day when a pope would endorse civil rights for LGBTQ couples. Praise God for His Grace. Also, the many Roman Catholic individuals and organizations who worked so ...
|LETTER TO THE EDITOR Nomination of Amy Coney Barrett
- Women-Church Convergence, a coalition of Catholic-rooted organizations including DignityUSA, deplores the nomination of Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court. We have serious concerns about the judgment of any nominee ...
|LETTER TO THE EDITOR Lambda Legal responds to nomination of Judge Barrett 2020-10-13|
--From a press release - Lambda Legal sent a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee urging its members to oppose Judge Amy Coney Barrett. The rushed confirmation hearings began today for President Trump's nominee to fill the seat of the late ...
|LETTER Vote 2020-10-03|
- President Trump, you have had almost four years to lead the United States and have failed us by your own choosing. Whether it be in foreign policy and domestic policy you have not protected the United States ...
|VIEWPOINT As a gay bipolar man, I've learned to live with suicidal thoughts 2020-10-01|
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death among young people ages 10 to 20. LGBTQ+ youth seriously contemplate suicide at almost three times the rate of heterosexual youth. In addition, LGBTQ+ youth are almost five ...
|LGBTQ HISTORY MONTH My Notorious RBG moment 2020-10-01|
- In the 1990s, the U.S. Senate was attempting in every possible way to censor this new thing called the internet. The senators soon came up with an idea to stop information that might be objectionable to ...
|OP-ED: Ruth Bader Ginsburg bent the moral arc toward justice 2020-09-21|
- Like so many Americans across the country, I, too, am mourning the news that U.S. Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died due to complications from metastatic pancreatic cancer. She was 87. As a soft-spoken firebrand ...
|MOMBIAN True stories, trans tales and more in new picture books 2020-09-16|
- New books can be a delightful relief in these days of quarantine. Here are some of the many new LGBTQ-inclusive picture books that just came out last month. (See Mombian.com for even more.) The Fighting Infantryman, ...
|VIEWPOINTS Get involved in Michigan now 2020-09-15|
- You probably feel anxious and frustrated by the political climate and the risk that the Republicans will cheat their way to victory or the Democrats will bumble their way to defeat. The best thing you can ...
|VIEWPOINT The common thread of LGBTQ+ stigma and mental health 2020-09-02|
- The relationship between the LGBTQ+ community and mental health has always varied from country to country. But when religion enters the conversation, a whole new aspect escalates the stigma. Countries all over the world have high ...
|LETTER TO THE EDITOR Wear a mask 2020-09-02|
- Dear editor: Wear a mask. Illinois made great strides fighting COVID-19, but it will take sustained effort and discipline to keep the virus under control. Illinois doctors are asking everyone to take two simple actions when ...
|My case for being in Congress 2020-09-01|
By Dani Brzozowski - "I already told my family that if I catch this virus — God forbid — I'm not going to the hospital. I'll pop myself or cut myself rather than die in the hospital, miserable and alone." ...
|LETTER What's in a name? And striving for racial equality 2020-08-19|
- What's in a name? Dear community: The growing debate over the name change of Boystown is reflective of a broader cultural tectonic shift on race, gender, sexual orientation and trans issues that take place in many ...
|VIEWPOINT Coming-out letter 2020-07-28|
- Mom, Starting this letter is by far one of the toughest things I have done in a long time, and trust me, I've done plenty of difficult things. First of all I want to note that this letter is not intended ...
|VIEWPOINTS In support of the fair tax 2020-07-25|
- Passage of the fair tax will improve the lives of the state's LGBTQ community. As CEO of Equality Illinois, the state's civil rights organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and queer Illinoisans, I can attest that ...