CHICAGO, Aug. 29, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — The lineup for the largest affordable ideas festival in the world — Chicago Ideas Week ( CIW ) — has officially been released with member tickets on sale now atChicagoIdeas.com . The seventh annual program from Oct. 16-22 will feature more than 150 events on topics ranging from the state of our union to cybersecurity; the black middle class to modern love and relationships.
"Every October, we create an atmosphere where attendees from all walks of life can find inspiration from globally recognized speakers in an environment that fosters action and connection with one another," Chicago Ideas Founder & Co-Chairman Brad Keywell said. "Now, more than ever before, we strive to be a forum that discusses timely topics and celebrates the belief that an idea can change the world."
More than 30,000 attendees from Chicago, the Midwest and across the world are expected to attend. And, in addition to thought-provoking ideas, they can anticipate hands-on demonstrations, local artists, live music and more from some of the world's most accomplished individuals, such as former Foreign Secretary of the UK and President & CEO of the International Rescue Committee, David Miliband, Chief Education Officer atChicago Public Schools Janice Jackson and world-renowned opera singer Renee Fleming. Additional speakers and events are being added weekly.
Curated programs include:
* A World With( out ): David O. Brown, former chief of the Dallas police during the 2016 race-driven police shooting, will imagine scenarios in which the world isn't the one we know;
* State of Our Union: Featuring electrifying surprise performances, the evening will elevate the voices of civic activists like David Adjaye, lead designer for the National Museum of African American History and Culture and Co-Chair of the Women's March Carmen Perez;
* Collaborative Creativity: Celebrated fashion designer Zac Posen and David Korins, Tony-nominated scenic designer of Hamilton, along with cross-disciplinary leaders will discuss how collaboration can drive some of humanity's greatest achievements;
* Storytelling: Chicago Ideas will look at the burgeoning storytelling power of women of color with actress, producer, and Emmy-nominated comedic writer Lena Waithe of Master of None and new Uber Chief Brand Officer Bozoma Saint John;
* Entrepreneurship: CEO of Flywheel Sarah Robb O'Hagan will delve into the entrepreneurial spirit; and
* Future of Football: Former NFL player Warren Sapp and the first physician to diagnose CTE and basis for the film Concussion Bennet Omalu, M.D., will provide an insider's perspective on the state of the sport.
The premier daylong program, Edison Talks, will be open to the public for the first time in CIW history on October 20. Appropriately themed 'Uncharted,' this year's Edison Talks will feature speakers such as film executive Franklin Leonard, known for resurrecting movies such as Argo, Slumdog Millionaire and Spotlight; video game developer and center of the Gamergate controversy Zoe Quinn; palliative care physician B.J. Miller; and the first oceanographer to create a detailed map of the Titanic David Gallo.
General admission tickets will be available starting September 12, with most tickets offered at only $15. Onstage events will be hosted at the Harris Theatre, Venue Six10 and Morningstar, with hands-on Lab events hosted at dozens of venues throughout the city.
Cornerstone Partners Keywell Foundation, Bank of America, Ernst & Young LLP, The Chicago Community Trust, Caterpillar and Comcast NBCUniversal; Official Integrated Marketing Partner Starcom MediaVest Group; Official Creative Partner Leo Burnett; Official Communications Partner Edelman; Platinum Partners Table XI and Sterling Partners; Gold Partners Lefkofsky Family Foundation, Conagra Foods, Mike's Hard Lemonade; Contributing Partners Spredfast, Lifeway Foods, CBRE, DePaul University, Barlit Beck Herman Palenchar & Scott LLP, Bluhm/Helfand Social Innovation Fellowship, AbbVie, Gogo, Notre Dame Mendoza School of Business, Horizon Pharma, and Ink Factory; and Silver Partners Boeing, Winston & Strawn LLP, Innerworkings, ArcelorMittal, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, QNary, MillerCoors, DLA Piper, Alvin H. Baum Foundation, Shedd Aquarium, and Four Seasons Hotel Chicago.
Media Partners at Chicago Ideas Week include Crain's Chicago Business, Michigan Avenue Magazine/Green Gale Publishing, Univision, WBEZ, iHeart Media, Clear Channel Outdoor, Clear Channel Airports, Captivate, Time Out Chicago and WGN Radio.
The full list of speakers and events is available at ChicagoIdeas.com . Join the conversation online by using #ChicagoIdeas, and follow @ChicagoIdeas on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more information.
ABOUT CHICAGO IDEAS
Chicago Ideas is a nonprofit platform built on one core belief: When audiences of every background have access to thought leaders and innovative ideas, people have the power to spark change in the world. Chicago Ideas is hosting Chicago Ideas Week ( CIW ) October 16-22, which is the largest affordable ideas festival in the world, connecting attendees to more than 150 world-renowned speakersbut Chicago Ideas' efforts extend much further. Whether it's the Curiosity Series in the spring, over 100 Labs that offer exclusive looks into Chicago-based businesses and cultural institutions, a year-round YOU( th ) program that promotes leadership and personal development among under-represented Chicago high school students or a digital news platform that highlights innovative people and organizations, Chicago Ideas is helping make visionary ideas accessible to everyone. Chicago Ideas is a 501( c )( 3 ) organization. Learn more about becoming a member at Chicagoideas.com/membership .