From a news release
CHICAGO Nov.-13, 2012 Producers of the forthcoming holiday themed film Scrooge & Marley have announced the inclusion of singing sensation Jason Gould on the movie's soundtrack. Scrooge & Marley is a modern-day variation on Charles Dickens' classic story of the holidays, "A Christmas Carol." Recounted from a gay sensibility with heart, comedy and music, the magic of Dickens' timeless tale comes alive from a fresh perspective that will appeal to audiences of all persuasions.
Gould, whose self-titled debut EP was recently an Amazon #1 bestseller in the Broadway & Vocalist category, is still one of their top sellers. He performs the original end credit song, the emotionally uplifting ballad "Amazing," which was written especially for the film by Marsha Malamet, Liz Vidal and Stephan Oberhoff. Oberhoff, who produced and arranged Gould's EP and his forthcoming release "In Time," performed similar duties on "Amazing." The song is the first release from Gould following the success of his debut EP and comes as the singer is finishing up concert appearances with his mother Barbra Streisand. Scrooge & Marley, a contemporary twist on "A Christmas Carol" with a gay bent, will open in the Los Angeles area Nov. 21 followed by screenings in select theaters nationwide throughout the month of December.
The Scrooge & Marley soundtrack is available at multiple online retailers accessible through the film's website www.scroogeandmarleymovie.com and includes a diverse array of original holiday songs as well as new performances of Christmas carol standards. It includes noted recording artists Matt Alber, BETTY, Amber deLaurentis, the Plush Interiors, The Joans, Jeannie Tanner Quartet, and the Chicago Gay Men's Chorus.
The 20-track recording also includes a number of original songs written for the film and performed by actors in the movie: Megan Cavanagh (A League of Their Own, Exes & Ohs) performs the Broadway/holiday mashup "Welcome to Christmas Present"; Rusty Schwimmer (Louie, The Sessions, Drop Dead Diva) sings the uptempo blues "I'm a Christmas Kinda Baby"; and David Pevsner who stars in the film as Scrooge adds vocals to the comedic cabaret song "Ebenezer Scrooge Is to Christmas … ."
The film's updating has several sequences set in a piano bar in which many of the original songs are performed. These include the movie's haunting theme song, "Christmas Eve Is Coming Soon" which is sung by noted Chicago-based vocalist Becca Kaufman who plays a cabaret entertainer in the film. The movie's original music, composed by Lisa McQueen and arranged and conducted by McQueen and Cliff Colnot, is represented by a medley of the Scrooge & Marley score which is played by The Scrooge & Marley orchestra.
Richard Knight, Jr., the film's co-writer, director and producer, as well as a lyricist for many of the songs in the film (and composer/lyricist of the movie's theme), acted as music supervisor for the soundtrack.
Complete track listing/performer:
1. Scrooge & Marley Opening Title (Scrooge & Marley Orchestra)
2. All Year Long (Amber deLaurentis)
3. Welcome to Christmas Present (Megan Cavanagh)
4. Christmas Eve Is Coming Soon (Becca Kaufman)
5. I'm a Christmas Kinda Baby (Rusty Schwimmer)
6. Star of Wonder (Matt Alber)
7. O Christmas Tree (The Plush Interiors)
8. Christmas Time (John Syzmanski Gang featuring Emma and Chris)
9. A Very Crawford Christmas (The Joans)
10. Dreidel Jingle Fiasco (BETTY)
11. Jingle Bells (Samba Bamba)
12. Christmas Eve Is Coming Soon (Jazz instrumental version) (Lisa McQueen)
13. Just a Little Bit of Christmas (Jeannie Tanner Quartet)
14. Ebenezer Scrooge Was to Christmas (The Show Biz Kids)
15. Ebenezer Scrooge IS to Christmas (David Pevsner-The Show Biz Kids)
16. O Tannenbaum (The Chicago Gay Men's Chorus)
17. Coventry Carol (Kirsten Gustafson-Dave Zegner)
18. One Kiss for Christmas (Jen Zias)
19. Amazing (Jason Gould)
20. Scrooge & Marley score suite (Lisa McQueen)
Total time: 57 minutes (approximate)
Links for buying music:
Full soundtrack at mp3: www.facebook.com/ScroogeAndMarley/app_96687436973 .
The full physical CD can be purchased here: www.createspace.com/2079058 .
CONTACT: Tracy Baim, 773-387-2394, firstname.lastname@example.org .