Hello and welcome to my column! I'm starting the new year by reporting on Internet-related topics and/or providing you with sites that will (hopefully) be of interest to you.
1. Alejandro Sanz Fan Site (sanz.fanplanet.org/): This sultry singer, who was recently named one of the sexiest men around by People magazine, is the subject of this fan site. You can read articles about him as well as his biography and discography. Even better, there are many photos.
2. Photography Gallery of Robin Parker Garcia (www.rpgcreates.com/): This Latina lesbian has her gallery up for viewing … and for sale. You can view a variety of scenic photos, buy them and even find out about upcoming exhibitions (although you'd have to fly to see them, considering she lives in California).
3. Men of All Colors Together – Chicago (members.aol.com/mactchgo/): The group that truly celebrates diversity has its own branch in the Windy City. Find out about upcoming events, view the gallery of pictures (some of which are very hot) and even subscribe to the organization's newsletter. Also, find out how you can get your hands on some very steamy calendars.
4. The Wisdom of Supermodels (members.fortunecity.com/eilert2/): It's bad enough that they get paid to fly to exotic locales and pout. However, according to this (very cynical and funny) site, supermodels are practically as wise as Socrates.
Spinning the Web (and Then Rinsing)
Now some people can use their Tide and get connected to the Web. More than 9,000 washing machines and dryers have been retrofitted to be Internet-accessible and are being rolled out to colleges and universities in some Midwestern states including Michigan, Indiana and Ohio.
Remember carrying down eight loads of laundry only to find out that all of the machines were taken? Well, with the eSuds system, students can log in to a Web site to find out when a machine will be available before they even begin searching under the beds for their Joe Boxers.
Also, people can forget about running back to their apartments for those extra quarters. The eSuds washers and dryers allow students to pay by swiping their student ID cards through a slot on the machine. Moreover, for those who have thrown in loads and have forgotten about them, eSuds actually sends an e-mail to the person when the load is done. If the student isn't around, (s)he can take the message as a page or even as a text message on the cell phone. Typical laundromat washers and dryers cost $700 to $2,500 while the eSuds machines cost slightly more.
No doubt all of these advantages may have you when these machines will be hitting the local laundromat ... and your condo or apartment building. Rest assured, if eSuds proves itself with these initial tests, you'll be seeing these high-tech washers and dryers before you know it.
1. Paolo Online (pauloonline.tripod.com/: This singer (formerly of the hot, hot trio Kairo and the group Tierra Cero) is the focus of this site. Take in his beauty (and that of his former bandmates) thanks to a nice selection of photos. You can also look at his musical history, download wallpapers and read interviews he's done. (If you want to look at former Kairo bandmate Gabriel Soto, go to www.15minutes.cc/men/gabrielsoto.html.)
2. HispanoGay (welcome.to/hispanogay): This site has a nice selection of gay Latino sex-related resources available. Feel free to check out the galleries of pictures or check the videos, but be warned; this site is not for the squeamish.
3. Circuit Nightclub (www.circuitclub.com/): Find out about the hottest club in Chicago! You can read about upcoming events, find out how to obtain a membership card, and even read a mission statement. Also, don't forget to peruse the music charts to see what the hottest tunes are ... and definitely take a look at the site's anti-GHB statement. It's nice to see a club be as responsible as Circuit has regarding this particular designer drug.