WINDY CITY TIMES
||Howard Brown names new officers, members
This article shared 1122 times since Tue Sep 24, 2019
Howard Brown Health has appointed six new officers and five new members of its board of directors, as well as the full slate of officers and board members for 2019-20.
Joining the board officers are Austin Baidas, Mark Hawkins, Bethany Pagels-Minor, Chef Fresh Roberson, N. Charles Thomas and Oscar Zambrano. New to the board of directors are Nic Belgrave, Chad Nico Hiu, Jared Lewis, Mike Mazzeo and Eric Schneider.
"All of our board officers and new members have shown considerable commitment to the mission of Howard Brown Health and bring diverse talents, expertise and energy to the table. Our organization, patients, and clients are fortunate to have them by our side as we strengthen our commitment to community health across Chicago," said Howard Brown Health President/CEO David Ernesto Munar in a statement.
This article shared 1122 times since Tue Sep 24, 2019
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Jane Fonda, Hillary Clinton attend Personal PAC's virtual luncheon 2020-10-28|
- Actor/Activist Jane Fonda, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and Governor JB Pritzker were among those who took place in Personal PAC's Oct. 21 virtual luncheon. The reproductive-rights organization's principal ...
Equality Illinois distributes $115,000+ in COVID relief grants to LGBTQs 2020-10-13|
--From a press release - Equality Illinois, the state's civil rights organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and queer people; through a grant the Illinois COVID Response Fund (ICRF) and community organizations, has awarded over $115,000 in COVID relief grants ...
|Legacy Walk inducts singers Mercury and Sylvester 2020-10-13|
- Musicians Freddie Mercury and Sylvester became the latest inductees onto the Legacy Walk, the Northalsted landmark functioning as an open-air museum paying tribute to notable members of the LGBTQ community. Thanks to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic, ...
|Nat'l AIDS Memorial to launch 50-state AIDS Memorial Quilt Virtual Exhibition 2020-10-09|
--From a press release - SAN FRANCISCO (October 9, 2020) — The National AIDS Memorial is announcing a virtual exhibition of the AIDS Memorial Quilt (the Quilt) that will feature more than 10,000 Quilt panels representing all 50 state and U.S. ...
|Hillary Clinton supports Personal PAC's virtual annual awards luncheon 2020-10-09|
--From a press release - Chicago, IL — Personal PAC, the leading non-partisan political action committee (PAC) dedicated to electing pro-choice state and local officials in Illinois is excited to announce that Secretary Hillary Clinton ...
|Gay history podcast has new host: Studs Terkel 2020-09-29|
- For four years, Eric Marcus has been the voice of Making Gay History, introducing listeners to both the infamous and the overlooked of LGBTQ history through his extensive personal archive of audio interviews. But for the ...
|Holocaust Museum's soiree raises $250K 2020-09-27|
- The Women's Leadership Committee (WLC) of the Illinois Holocaust Museum successfully hosted its first-ever Virtual Soiree Sept. 2. The committee entertained and educated more than 1,100 guests online and raised ...
|Legacy Walk to honor Freddie Mercury, Sylvester Oct. 11 2020-09-27|
- The Legacy Project will honor the late music superstars Freddie Mercury and Sylvester in a virtual event Sunday, Oct. 11, 3-5 p.m., featuring multimedia, historians, tribute performances and a ceremony revealing their bronze memorials at the ...
|AIDS Run & Walk Chicago returns with reformatted 2020 event 2020-09-24|
- AIDS Foundation of Chicago's annual AIDS Run & Walk Chicago has been reformatted and expanded so community members can participate in the fundraiser while still social-distancing and adhering to public-safety guidelines. While an event at Soldier ...
|National LGBTQ Task Force to stream "The Power of US" gala Oct. 3 2020-09-24|
--From a press release - NATIONAL LGBTQ TASK FORCE ANNUAL GALA OCTOBER 3, 2020 AT 8PM ET/5PM PT Washington, DC. September 24, 2020. The National LGBTQ Task Force has announced it will stream the 2020 National LGBTQ Task Force Gala, presented ...
|Jane Fonda part of Personal PAC virtual luncheon Oct. 21 2020-09-23|
- Personal PACthe leading non-partisan political action committee (PAC) dedicated to electing pro-choice state and local officials in Illinoisannounced that its 27th Annual Awards Luncheon will be held virtually Wed., Oct. ...
|Carey stepping down as Task Force executive director in 2021
- On Sept. 23, the National LGBTQ Task Force announced that longtime Executive Director Rea Carey will be stepping down in early 2021. Carey has been with the organization since 2003 as a senior strategist, then deputy ...
|PASSAGES Gay philanthropist Henry van Ameringen dies 2020-09-16|
- Henry van Ameringen, a major donor to LGBTQ+ and HIV organizations, died Sept. 9. He was 90, according to a Plus magazine item. Lambda Legal CEO Kevin Jennings said in a statement that Windy City Times ...
|Ruth Bader Ginsburg exhibit extended
- The Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center has extended the run of its exhibit "Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg" through Sunday, Jan. 3, 2021. Based on the New York Times best-selling ...
|Submissions sought for Lambda Literary Awards
- Submissions are now being sought for the 33rd Annual Lambda Literary Awards, which honors the best of LGBTQ+ literature. Due to COVID-19, the organization has implemented an entirely digital submission process using Submittable. Submissions are judged ...