||Groups Launch 'Sexy' HIV Site
by Andrew Davis
This article shared 3961 times since Fri Sep 1, 2006
Gay Men's Health Crisis ( GMHC ) and AIDS Project Los Angeles ( APLA ) announced the launch of mysexycity.com, an effort to reach young gay and bisexual men, 31 percent of whom are estimated to be living with HIV in the United States, according to an APLA release.
The interactive Internet-based tool will engage visitors in true-to-life situations in which they will make virtual decisions on behalf of a cast of animated characters while it delivers information about HIV transmission, sexually-transmitted infections, substance use, coming out and relationships.
Developed as part of the ongoing collaboration between GMHC and APLA, mysexycity.com aims to promote positive health messages, along with sexual self-awareness and exploration to its primary target audience of gay and bisexual men of color between the ages of 18 and 29 as well as other young men who have sex with men. In addition to the animated interactive scenarios, the site's features include online surveys, and links to resources and referral information.
This article shared 3961 times since Fri Sep 1, 2006
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|AIDS Foundation of Chicago's 'Gala35' Nov. 19 2020-10-25|
- AIDS Foundation of Chicago's (AFC's) "Gala35"marking its 35th anniversarywill be a virtual event taking place Thursday, Nov. 19, at 6 p.m. Gala35 marks the organization's 35th year of service and will be its premier gatheri ...
|NATIONAL Autistic trans guide, trans death, AIDS Quilt, intersex study 2020-10-19|
- The National LGBTQ Task Force and the AWNNetwork released a collaborative guide, "Before You Go: Know Your Rights & What to Expect at the Doctor and in the Hospital"a groundbreaking first-of-its-kind publication filled with tips and ...
|TPAN names Colleen O'Neill as its new CEO
- TPAN has announced the hiring of Colleen O'Neill as its new CEO to assist in empowering the organization to continue to provide care and far-reaching education to people affected by HIV/AIDS, hepatitis and all related issues, ...
|Nat'l AIDS Memorial to launch 50-state AIDS Memorial Quilt Virtual Exhibition 2020-10-09|
--From a press release - SAN FRANCISCO (October 9, 2020) — The National AIDS Memorial is announcing a virtual exhibition of the AIDS Memorial Quilt (the Quilt) that will feature more than 10,000 Quilt panels representing all 50 state and U.S. ...
|PASSAGES Timothy Ray Brown, who was cured of HIV, dies of cancer at 54
- After a five-month battle with leukemia, Timothy Ray Brownpublicized as the first known person to be cured of HIV, and also known by many as "The Berlin Patient"has died of cancer, according to the International AIDS ...
|NBJC releases statement on National Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day 2020-09-27|
- In honor of National Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (Sept. 27), the National Black Justice Coalition (NBJC) released a statement: "Today is a day to celebrate that HIV is no longer the death sentence it once ...
|AIDS Run & Walk Chicago returns with reformatted 2020 event 2020-09-24|
- AIDS Foundation of Chicago's annual AIDS Run & Walk Chicago has been reformatted and expanded so community members can participate in the fundraiser while still social-distancing and adhering to public-safety guidelines. While an event at Soldier ...
|Chicago House moves central hub 2020-09-03|
- Chicago Housefounded in September 1985 as an organization committed to providing a home to individuals dying of HIVhas relocated its central hub to the South Loop, at 2229 S. Michigan Ave., Ste. 304. The central hub ...
|WORLD Tom of Finland, India items, Denmark legislation, PrEP study 2020-09-02|
- The works of the iconic Finnish artist Tom of Finland will be exhibited in Japan for the first time ever, a press release noted. The exhibition is the result of a collaboration between the Finnish Institute ...
|Open House Chicago taking place Oct. 16-25 2020-08-18|
- The Chicago Architecture Center (CAC) announced the return of Open House Chicago (OHC) for a 10th consecutive year. It will take place Oct. 16-25, and the festival has been reconfigured for both in-person and remote attendance. ...
|NATIONAL Streisand/Summer, HIV treatment, Alex Morse, Barney Frank 2020-08-18|
- MeidasTouch, a progressive Democratic political action group, teamed with the LGBTQ voting initiative Vote Proud for their latest video, titled "Enough Is Enough," Billboard noted. The video focuses on rallying queer people to vote by pointing ...
|INT'L AIDS CONFERENCE: HIV research informing COVID-19 vaccine development 2020-07-13|
- Journalist Lisa Ling hosted the second season premiere of "The Road to a Vaccine," which was a part of AIDS 2020: The 23rd International AIDS Conference. Panelists discussed how efforts for an HIV vaccine have assisted ...
|TPAN letter: We stand with you 2020-06-08|
- June 8 marks two weeks since the violent death of George Floyd at the hands of four former Minneapolis police officers, who have since been charged with murder. On a personal level, I am heartbroken and ...
|WORLD Zambia pardon, fashion house, HIV+ mayor, Costa Rica marriage
- Zambia's president pardoned a gay couple sentenced to 15 years in prison in November under colonial-era sodomy laws in a case that caused a diplomatic conflict with the United States, Reuters reported. Japhet Chataba, 39, and ...
|THEATER Larry Kramer (1935-2020), polemicist and playwright 2020-05-30|
- Larry Kramer was an angry man and he made sure people knew it. The language of his public discoursethe hundreds of articles he wrote and speeches he made, his novels and playsdrips with venom, insult, sarcasm, ...