WINDY CITY TIMES
Marilyn Monroe coloring book out
Running Press has released Color Me Marilyn: Classic Hollywood Moments, a unique coloring book from artist/author Emanuel Emanuele, according to a press release.
An introduction and captions for each of the 64 drawings by Emanuele tell the story of Marilyn Monroe in chronological order. Emanuele, a Hollywood artist and author who specializes in drawing Hollywood icons of the Golden Age of Hollywood, is an ardent Marilyn fan and serious collector of Hollywood memorabilia.
Originally from the Midwest, Emanuele now resides in Hollywood, Calif., and is working on developing a talk show. Emanuele is currently working on two other coloring books in the Color Me: Classic Hollywood Moments line.
Color Me Marilyn: Classic Hollywood Moments is available online at all major booksellers' websites and in local bookstores and major book store chains as well as gift and card shops.
See www.ColorMeMarilyn.com .
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|BOOKS Former Warner Brothers head Alan Shayne reflects on a pivotal summer 2020-10-24|
- Many things happened in 1941Pearl Harbor was attacked, the Wonder Woman comic began publication and Franklin D. Roosevelt was sworn in for his third term as U.S. president. It was also a pivotal year for Alan ...
|Booksellers launch "Boxed Out" campaign, a look at consumer choices 2020-10-22|
--From a press release - (New York, New York) 20% of independent bookstores across the country are in danger of closing. Today, theAmerican Booksellers Association launched the "Boxed Out" campaign to draw attention to the high stakes indie bookstores face this ...
|BOOK REVIEW Gay Like Me: A Father Writes to His Son 2020-10-22|
- By Richie Jackson $24.99; Harper; 163 pages Like father, like son. When you were small, people said you looked just like your dad. As you grew up, they said you had his sense of humor or his temper, you laughed alike, ...
|BOOKS Max Fox takes on late friend's work, 'Sexual Hegemony' 2020-10-11|
- The late Christopher Chitty started a dissertation titled "Sexual Hegemony: Statecraft, Sodomy, and Capital in the Rise of the World System" while he was a PhD candidate. Writer, editor and friend Max Fox took on Chitty's ...
|Author/academic John D'Emilio on new book, future endeavors 2020-10-01|
- Queer Legacies: Stories from Chicago's LGBTQ Archives is a new book by Gerber/Hart Library and Archives President and University of Illinois at Chicago History and Women's and Gender Studies Professor Emeritus John ...
|NATIONAL Lambda Litfest, #BiWeek, whistleblower, Equality Awards, Blade 2020-09-21|
- The 4th annual Lambda Litfest (Oct. 5-9) has been transformed into a specially curated, virtual event celebrating Black LGBTQIA+ excellence and abundance, a press release noted. The opening night will set the stage by bringing panelists ...
|MOMBIAN True stories, trans tales and more in new picture books 2020-09-16|
- New books can be a delightful relief in these days of quarantine. Here are some of the many new LGBTQ-inclusive picture books that just came out last month. (See Mombian.com for even more.) The Fighting Infantryman, ...
|Gerber/Hart reveals future plans 2020-09-16|
- Gerber/Hart Library and Archives, 6500 N. Clark St., hosted several relatively informal, socially distanced gatherings the weekend of Sept. 12-13 to let community supporters know about its plans for the next few years. The various sessionswhich ...
|Submissions sought for Lambda Literary Awards
- Submissions are now being sought for the 33rd Annual Lambda Literary Awards, which honors the best of LGBTQ+ literature. Due to COVID-19, the organization has implemented an entirely digital submission process using Submittable. Submissions are judged ...
|NATIONAL Marsha P. Johnson, Anchorage, electoral items, gay author dies 2020-09-02|
- Marsha P. Johnsonthe iconic transgender activist who was a central figure in New York City's LGBTQ+-liberation movementwill get a monument in her hometown of Elizabeth, New Jersey, CNN.com reported. Throughout ...
|E. Patrick Johnson's 'Sweet Tea' book released 2020-08-25|
- Northwestern University Press announced the release of the book Sweet Tea, by E. Patrick Johnson, with a foreword by Jane M. Saks. This book is the stage version of Johnson's Sweet Tea: Black Gay Men of ...
|New psychology handbook focuses on sexual, gender minority mental health 2020-08-23|
- A comprehensive new psychology book, The Oxford Handbook of Sexual and Gender Minority Mental Health, was recently releasedand it features essays from dozens of academics across multiple countries addressing a variety of issues specific to this ...
|Nigerian LGBTQ+ refugee-turned-activist on importance of compassion 2020-08-19|
- Edafe Okporo came to the United States from Nigeria in 2016. Now, he's the founder of New York's first full-time LGBTQ+ refugee shelter. Along the way, he has gained insight to how one can make a ...
|Trans advocate Jamison Green talks about increasing visibility 2020-08-19|
- Jamison Green would really like to go hiking again. He last went on a serious hike three years ago, before he and his wife left the Bay Area. He's been an outdoorsman his whole life and he lives in an area ...
|DANK Haus hosts 'Gay Berlin' forum with author 2020-08-19|
- Chicago's DANK Haus German American Cultural Center hosted a virtual discussion event with Dr. Robert Beachy, author of the Randy Shilts Award-winning book Gay Berlin: Birthplace of a Modern Identity, on Aug. 6. The event began ...