WINDY CITY TIMES
||Possible Clewer Lead Goes Nowhere
This article shared 2586 times since Wed Apr 27, 2005
A man who police questioned regarding the stabbing death of Kevin Clewer, 31, was released April 22.
'He was released [ Friday ] afternoon and there were no charges filed against him,' police spokesperson David Bayless told Windy City Times. 'He didn't provide any helpful information and the DNA [ that was taken as a precautionary measure ] came up negative.'
Clewer was found March 24, 2004, in his apartment in the 3400 block of North Elaine Place. Police suspect he was killed shortly before his body was found.
Bayless acknowledged the toll that possible leads can have on the loved ones of a victim. 'Situations like these can be hard on a family. It's such an emotional roller coaster,' he said.
Although Clewer was the second gay man killed on the North Side in the span of a few months ( following the August 2003 slaying of Brad Winters ) , police have said the deaths are unrelated. People who believe they may have information concerning the Clewer's or Winters's deaths are encouraged to contact the Chicago Police Department's Area 3/Violent Crimes Unit at ( 773 ) 744-8261.
More information about Clewer and the prime suspect is available at www.4chicagoKev.com .
— Andrew Davis
This article shared 2586 times since Wed Apr 27, 2005
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Stephen Amell, 'Outlander' star to be at Wizard World Chicago 2021-09-17|
- Stephen Amell, known to millions as the crime-fighting vigilante lead in the hit TV series Arrow, will return to Wizard World Chicago on Saturday, Oct. 16. Amellwho also starred in DC Universe vehicles such as DC's ...
|WORLD False report, Indian activist dies, fashion exhibit, LGBT Awards 2021-09-12|
- In Spain, a man who claimed eight hooded men carved an anti-gay slur on his butt using a knife in a horrific hate crime later said the act was consensual, according to out.com. According to police ...
|WORLD Trapped in Afghanistan, lesbian pioneer, anti-gay crimes, Valencia's bid 2021-08-22|
- Among the Americans trapped in the suburban areas of Kabul, Afghanistan, under Taliban control was Josie Thomas, 32, a transgender government contractor for the U.S. State Department and former U.S. Air Force Sergeant, The Washington Blade ...
|NATIONAL Biden nominees, San Diego crime, HRC, Fox News contributor 2021-08-08|
- President Joe Biden reappointed out lesbian Rabbi Sharon Kleinbaum as a commissioner of the US Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF), which is an advisory post pertaining to issues of religious freedom, Gay City News reported. ...
|Wis. man attacks trans couple but won't be charged with a hate crime 2021-08-04|
- In Wisconsin, a La Crosse official said incomplete state laws prevented them from charging a man with a hate crime after he attacked a transgender couple in a public park, according to Wisconsin Public Radio. La ...
|Analysis of hate crime laws finds limitations, opportunities, rising hate violence 2021-07-28|
--From a Movement Advancement Project, National Center for Lesbian Rights press release - With a rise in hate violence across the country, a new report from the Movement Advancement Project (MAP) and 16 leading civil rights organizations provides a groundbreaking analysis of state and federal hate crime laws. The ...
|WORLD Anti-LGBTQ crimes, conversion therapy, out prime minister, Pakistan school 2021-07-11|
- In England, police are treating the painting of a homophobic slur on an LGBTQ Pride mural as a hate crime, the BBC reported. The wall in St Helens, Merseyside, which was painted by volunteers and artists ...
|NATIONAL Panic defense, VP Kamala Harris, Black LGBTQ app, crime items 2021-06-13|
- Four states and the nation's capital have taken action to ban the so-called LGBTQ "panic defense," which is a legal strategy used by defendants to cite a victim's sexual orientation or gender identity as an excuse ...
|Employee fired for using gay slur at Indiana Arby's 2021-06-12|
- An employee at an Arby's restaurant in Lafayette, Indiana, was fired after writing a homophobic slur on the receipt of a gay couple, NBC News reported. Craig Gray and John Burns were dining at the restaurant ...
|When crime goes viral 2021-06-10|
- Activists say Illinois's law that makes it illegal to expose others to HIV is racist and homophobic. Now they're close to changing it.
In early 2016, Jimmy Amutavi had what he considered a happy life. More ...
|Incarceration for HIV crimes in Georgia cost the state $9 million 2021-06-02|
--From a press release - Between 1999-2020, as many as 133 people were incarcerated in Georgia prisons for HIV-related crimes New analysis from the Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law finds that as many as 133 people have been incarcerated ...
|WORLD Myanmar activist, Cyprus official, brutal crimes, UK youth 2021-05-23|
- In Myanmar, Equality Myanmar Executive Director Aung Myo Min broke another barrier, becoming the first LGBTQ person to become sworn in as a member of cabinet after being appointed by the National Unity Government as its ...
|President Biden signs historic hate crimes bill into law 2021-05-20|
- WASHINGTON — Wade Henderson, interim president and CEO of The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, released the following statement after President Biden signed into law the COVID-19 Hate Crimes Act, which included the Khalid ...
|Refugee Coalition of East Africa calls for attention to anti-queer violence 2021-05-07|
--From a press release - On May 17, the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia will be observed worldwide, followed by many celebrations of Pride in the month of June. We at the Refugee Coalition of East Africa will raise ...
|The National Black Justice Coalition mourns death of Mikayla Miller 2021-05-06|
--From a press release - MASSACHUSETTS — The National Black Justice Coalition (NBJC) mourns the loss of Mikayla Miller, a Black 16-year-old girl and member of the LGBTQ+ community. Miller was found dead on April 18th in Hopkinton, Massachusetts one day ...