||Chicago Feature Film "Fall Away" goes into production
This article shared 4137 times since Sun Jan 24, 2010
FROM A NEWS RELEASE
Chicago, IL -- Escape Films is pleased to announce the production of Fall Away, a Chicago based dramatic feature film about the brutal murder of the bisexual lead singer of an alternative country band. Written and directed by award winning filmmaker Julian Grant, produced by Boris Wexler, and based on an original story by Grant Stokes, who will play the lead role, the film will be shot on location in Chicago, Laporte, IN, and Nashville, TN in January and April 2010. Details are available at www.fallawayfilm.com .
Fall Away follows the life and death of Jake, the lead singer of the band "65 Home", who gets brutally killed in a Chicago alleyway after spending a lifetime hiding his bi-sexual identity. As the band travels to Nashville to honor his passing, the story delves into clips of past, present, and future to reveal the various facets of his complex personality and tortured history. "With this film, I wanted to look at the many faces and stories we create as human beings. The duality of Jake and his Jekyll and Hyde behavior." commented Julian Grant.
"Fall Away" goes into production in January 2010, in a number of landmark Chicago locations, such as the iconic Reggie's Rock Bar, The South Loop, Millennium Park, and Lakeshore Drive. It will be the first local feature entirely shot on the Canon Eos 7D, which is part of the new generation of digital SLR cameras geared at independent film. "These cameras are one of the fabulous recent tools that make high quality photography accessible to a larger group of talented filmmakers ", said Boris Wexler, who was immediately wowed by the 7D after using it on a short film he recently produced. "This is the beginning of a revolution in personal cinema", added Julian Grant.
Grant Stokes created the story for "Fall Away". He also assembled Crooked Willow, the band whose music will be used in the film, and he will be playing the lead role of Jake. The film will be written and directed by Julian Grant, who has over 24 feature films to his credit, including the much acclaimed mini-series "Robocop: Prime Directives", and produced by French born Chicago filmmaker Boris Wexler, who created the web series "Pillow Talks", and is in development for two other features. Martie Marro, the composer and sound supervisor, has received many awards including a Gay and Lesbian Music Award nomination for Best Video and 5 additional LGBT Recording Academy nominations for Outstanding Soundtrack.
The ensemble of 13 actors includes, besides Grant Stokes, Nathanael Card as John ( Jake's lover ) , Erinn Strain as Mel ( his ex girlfriend ) , Kathleen Lawlor as Lucy ( the band manager ) and Ann Hagemann, who was recently starring in "Hannah Free", as promoter Molly.
For more information about Fall Away, contact Boris Wexler, or visit www.fallawayfilm.com .
This article shared 4137 times since Sun Jan 24, 2010
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Billy Masters: Adele, 'Pam & Tommy,' and more 2022-01-24|
- "Yes, it is truefor over a year, we have been trying to film a script called My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3. What is also true, we are not filming; when we get film insurance, we are going to Greece to ...
|SHOWBIZ 'The Gay Agenda,' Elliot Page, actress dies, sports items, Rock Hudson 2022-01-23|
- Netflix has launched The Gay Agenda, a podcast that looks at the lives of LGBTQ creatives at the top of their fields across different industries, NBC News noted. The goal, the streaming service said, is to ...
|WORLD Namibia ruling, crimes, LGBTQ+ film festival, blogger sentenced 2022-01-23|
- Namibia's High Court ruled against two same-sex couples fighting for recognition of their marriages, with Judge Hannelie Prinsloo saying she agreed with them but was bound by the nation's prohibition of same-sex relations, Reuters reported. Daniel ...
|MOVIES Siskel films include 'The Power of the Dog,' 'Flee' 2022-01-20|
- The Gene Siskel Film Center, 164 N. State St., has current and upcoming movie slates that include everything from older classics to current award-festival favorites. On the more contemporary side, the Jane Campion film The Power ...
|Revry's Black History Month of LGBTQ-First Films and Series celebrates Black stories 2022-01-20|
-- From a press release - Los Angeles - This Black History Month, Revry is programming LGBTQ-first Black stories with themes from the differently-abled, LGBTQ athletes, activists and the lesbian, trans and the cis-gender lesbian community. Over 35% of Revry's audience is ...
|Billy Masters: Colton Underwood, Golden Globes and more 2022-01-17|
- "I was not prepared to receive death threats over a fictional character's fictional relationship choices that are fictional which means not real."A writer on the Sex and the City sequel And Just Like That describes feedback ...
|SHOWBIZ Music festivals, Murray Bartlett, Reese Witherspoon, author David Sedaris 2022-01-16|
- Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival revealed the lineup for this year's festival, taking place June 16-19 on the Bonnaroo Farm in Manchester, Tennessee, a press release noted. Highlights will include performances by Tool, J. Cole, Stevie ...
|SAG nominees include 'Gucci,' 'Power of the Dog,' 'Squid Game' 2022-01-12|
- Nominees for the 28th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards honoring outstanding individual, cast and ensemble performances for the past year were announced Jan. 12 by actors Rosario Dawson and Vanessa Hudgens via Instagram Live, according to ...
|NBJC celebrates Mj Rodriguez on Golden Globes win 2022-01-11|
From a press release - The National Black Justice Coalition (NBJC) congratulates Michaela Jae "Mj" Rodriguez on earning the Golden Globe for Best Actress in a TV Drama during the 2022 Golden Globe Awards. Rodriguez won for her role as Blanca ...
|Billy Masters: Andy Cohen, SJP and more 2022-01-10|
- The virus hit us both like a freight train. Thankfully, we were both triple vaccinated and the vaccinations did their job, which kept us out of real danger and out of the hospital… [We're] still isolating and waiting to see until we test ...
|Trans actress Rodriguez makes history at quiet Golden Globes 2022-01-10|
- On Jan. 9, Michaela Jae "Mj" Rodriguez won a Golden Globe for best actress in a TV drama for her role as Blanca on the FX show Pose, according to media reports. The awards were announced on social media, as the Globes were not broadcast or live-streamed ...
|Chicago's first-ever Festival au Cinema to take place Aug. 26-28 2022-01-07|
- Haven Chicago has announced its first-ever Festival au Cinema, described as "the company's new platform for visionary and innovative filmmakers and media artists staking their claim in the future of digital storytelling." Festival au Cinema will ...
|SHOWBIZ JoJo Siwa, Jeopardy! champ, director dies, Frank Ocean 2022-01-02|
- TikTok fans of LGBTQ entertainer Jojo Siwa said her new teenage girlfriend, Katie Mills, is a supporter of anti-LGBTQ Republican former President Donald Trump, per LGBTQ Nation. Mills also once questioned if transgender women are "actually" ...
|SHOWBIZ The film 'Licorice Pizza,' Aaron Sorkin, WNBA player, Mariah Carey 2021-12-26|
- Alana Haim, who stars in the film Licorice Pizza (now out in theaters), talked with out.com about how the movie incorporates queer representation by including unsung queer political figure Joel Wachs. "Joel Wachs was such an ...
|'Real Housewife' Julia Lemigova talks about Miami Housewives, miniature cattle 2021-12-24|
- The Real Housewives of Miami finally has an out and proud member of the LGBTQ+ in the main cast with Julia Lemigova. (She's the franchise's second such cast member, following The Real Housewives of Orange County's ...