WINDY CITY TIMES
||Bailiwick founder: 'We're not closing'
by Andrew Davis
Responding to rumors that Bailiwick Repertory, 1229 W. Belmont, was closing and that he had left town, founder and artistic director David Zak said that neither was true.
'I've heard those rumors,' Zak told Windy City Times. 'There are changes down the road, and I'll be sure to let you know,' he said, adding, 'we are looking forward to an exciting Pride series in September and October.'
The repertory is currently running Tell Me on a Sunday, with such productions as Chiaroscuro ( A Study in Shadow ) scheduled to run soon.
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Arts + Public Life announces 2020/2021 resident theatre company 2020-10-22|
--From a press release - (Chicago, IL Arts + Public Life (APL), an initiative of UChicago Arts, and Definition Theatre Company (DTC) announce Definition as the resident theatre company for Fall 2020/Winter 2021 at the Green Line Performing Arts Center, 329 ...
|THEATER A War of the Worlds 2020-10-21|
- Playwright: Adapted by Mack Gordon and Corey Bradberry from the novel by H.G. Wells At: Theatre In the Dark online at TheatreInTheDark.com . Tickets: Suggested donation of $20-$25 Runs through: Nov. 21 Nothing makes an imperialist ...
|Writers Theatre plans expanded season with digital programming, changes to live programming 2020-10-20|
--From a press release - Glencoe, IL—Writers Theatre Artistic Director Michael Halberstam and Executive Director Kathryn M. Lipuma announce changes to the company's 2020/21 Season, to include additional digital programming and updates to previously announced ...
|About Face Theatre announces 25th season of new work, digital performances
--From a press release - CHICAGO — About Face Theatre is excited to announce plans for its landmark 25th anniversary season. Featuring new and original works, the company will focus on using digital streaming and online tools for most of the ...
|Virtual reading of Boys Don't Wear Lipstick Nov. 9
--From a press release - Emerging Artist Theatre and Red Spear Productions will present a virtual reading of the award-winning Boy's Don't Wear Lipstick on Monday, Nov. 9 at 8 p.m. celebrating its 20th anniversary. The play is written by Brian ...
|'Jagged Little Pill,' 'Moulin Rouge!' lead Tony nods 2020-10-15|
- The nominations for the 2020 Tony Awards were revealed Oct. 15. The Alanis Morissette musical Jagged Little Pill led with 15 nominations, earning at least one nomination in every eligible category (including six for the show's ...
|'Manual Cinema's Christmas Carol' running Dec. 3-20
- Tickets are now on sale for the world premiere of Manual Cinema's Christmas Carol, a live streaming adaption of Charles Dickens's holiday classic created specifically for the 2020 holiday season. ...
|Goodman Theatre offers A Christmas Carol, an audio play, free 2020-10-13|
- (Chicago, IL) This holiday season, as indoor performances remain suspended due to COVID-19, Goodman Theatre produces A Christmas Carol as an audio play directed by Jessica Thebus. Offered free for all audiences, the 43rd annual production ...
|Black Lives, Black Words holding virtual events in October, November
- Black Lives, Black Wordsan international initiative that provides local Black creatives with an artistic platformis bringing its "Plays for the People" virtual series to a close with two more plays in October and November. On Oct. ...
|'Twisted Tales of Poe' Oct. 26-31 2020-10-12|
- Just in time for Halloween, AstonRep Theatre Company launches its 2020-21 season with a free streaming radio broadcast of Twisted Tales of Poe, based on Tales of Edgar Allan Poe, adapted by Philip Grecian and directed ...
|Interrobang launching season with 'The Spin'
- Interrobang Theatre Project (ITP) is launching its 11th season with The Spin, a virtual dark comedy ripped from the headlines, written and directed by Spenser Davis and commissioned by ITP. The plot is described as follows: ...
|Hell in a Handbag to celebrate Halloween by streaming
Airport 1970something 2020-10-09|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (Oct. 9, 2020) — Hell in a Handbag Productions once again takes on the classic 1970s disaster film genre with a totally ridiculous twist! Airport 1970SOMETHING is a parody that celebrates the popular '70s Airport ...
|Victory Gardens Theater announces StudentsFirst Virtual Showcase 2020-10-07|
--From a press release - Chicago, ILVictory Gardens Theater announces the Voices of Tomorrow: Their World on Stagefundraising event on Dec. 9, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. The virtual event will showcase powerful and moving spoken word and artistic works created by ...
|THEATER Run the Beast Down 2020-10-07|
- Playwright: Titas Halder At: Strawdog Theatre online at Strawdog.org . Tickets: Free with donation . Runs through: Oct. 25 Tottenham was once a quiet semi-rural suburb north of London where Charlie's parents lived in a bungalow ...
|'Women of Broadway' series starts Oct. 24
- Northlight Theatre is one of a select group of nonprofit arts organizations participating in the three-part virtual concert series "Live from the West Side: Women of Broadway." The series will feature two-time Tony Award winner Patti ...